- Start with an energizing brand vision as an organizing principle.
- Consider types of reinvention beyond just product innovation
(customer service programs, technology initiatives, business models, market segments).
- Engage a talented and adaptable workforce to advance the new direction.
- Integrate new big ideas with passion that is orchestrated from the top.
- Create reward systems for strategic execution of all the little ideas that drive the big ones.
- Encourage inspiration over persuasion and allow emotion to lead reason.
There are too many brands. And too little trust in them. One way to stay relevant is to start renewing your brand from the inside out. And never stop.